Saturday, April 17, 2010

Book Reviews by Title

A

Acceleration by Graham McNamee
Apologize, Apologize by Elizabeth Kelly
The Art of the Steal by Frank Abagnale
An Audience of Chairs by Joan Clark


B

Baby by Patricia Maclachlan
The Bishop's Man by Linden MacIntyre
Blindness by Jose Saramago
The Bone People by Keri Hulme
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis


C

Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
Chew on This by Eric Schlosser
The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon


D

Darkness Visible by William Styron
Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank


E

Easy Way for Women to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr
The Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood


F

Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal by Eric Schlosser
The Fat Woman Next Door is Pregnant by Michel Tremblay
Forever by Judy Blume
Fruit by Brian Francis


G

The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson
Generation X by Douglas Coupland


H

Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
Holes by Louis Sachar


I

I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer


J


K


L

The Landing by John Ibbitson
Losing It and Gaining My Life Back One Pound At A Time by Valerie Bertinelli
Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O'Neill


M

Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli
Mercy Among the Children by David Adams Richards
Me Talk Pretty One Day: Stories by David Sedaris


N

The Notebook by Agota Kristof


O

Oprah: A Biography by Kitty Kelley

P

The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
Push (aka Precious) by Sapphire


Q


R

Rhymes with Useless by Terence Young


S

The Saskiad by Brian Hall
Saturday by Ian McEwan
Spanking Shakespeare by Jake Wizner
The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway


T

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
Tropic of Cancer by Henry Miller


U - Z

Up in the Air by Walter Kirn
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I'll have to borrow it when I get a few more books under my belt for 2010. I am now a new follower :D
    Yesenia, Silly Little Game Called Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an impressive list! Were they all read in 2010 or just since you started your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesenia~ Thanks for dropping by and becoming a follower. I've seen reviews organized this way on a couple of sites and decided it was the best way to do it. Happy Reading!

    Emily~ Thanks. This is a compiled list from this year and last. I took a year long break because I got married and went to Ireland for my honeymoon. Now I'm back in full swing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read I Capture the Castle. And see the movie come to think of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Juju~ I love I Capture the Castle. Cassandra is one of my favourite heroines in fiction.

    ReplyDelete